UniPID DocNet Activities
UniPID DocNet organizes a yearly get-together for the network members. This members-only academic seminar aims at bringing together the DocNet doctoral candidates and supervisors from across the institutions and disciplines to facilitate networking and the exchange of knowledge and experiences. In addition to peer support, the seminar offers also possibilities for extra guidance for the PhD candidates from a variety of development scholars.
Short reports from the past DocNet seminars can be found below:
- UniPID DocNet Seminar: "Development Research and Knowledge Interests”, Tvärminne Research Station, October 6-7 2016
- UniPID DocNet Seminar: "The Art of Academic Writing in Development Research”, Tvärminne Research Station, October 26-27 2017
- UniPID DocNet Seminar: "Doing diversity / interculturality / decoloniality in development research", Tvärminne Research Station, September 27-28 2018, report coming soon
The next UniPID DocNet Seminar will be organized on the 10th and 11th of October, 2019.
UniPID DocNet organizes an annual UniPID DocShop for doctoral students and supervisors to get together and discuss timely issues related to development research and the quality of PhD training. Events are open for all interested public.
Reports from the past DocShops can be found below:
- UniPID DocShop: "Towards excellent PhD supervision in development research", pre-workshop for the Development Days conference, Helsinki, February 10, 2016
- UniPID DocShop 2017: "Life after the PhD: Responsible professional practices for development researchers in the contemporary world", pre-workshop for the Development Days conference, Helsinki, February 16, 2017
- UniPID DocShop 2018: "Q&A Session with Jesse Ribot", pre-workshop for the Development Days conference, Helsinki, February 14, 2018 (no report available)
The next UniPID DocShop will be held in connection with the Development Days 2019 conference, organized by the Finnish Society for Development Research. More details will follow.
For more information about UniPID DocNet activities, contact UniPID Coordinator Anja Onali.