Workshops and Seminars in Finland
Since 2013, the FinCEAL initiative has organized 39 thematic networking events, seminars, trainings or workshops in Finland. These events contributed significantly to the realization of the FinCEAL objectives by enhancing thematic networking, partnership building, dialogue between the research community and policy makers. In addition, these events have provided a platform for information sharing and dissemination of project outputs like the FinCEAL Policy Reports of 2018.
- LEAP-Agri Info Session: LEAP-AGRI Call for Proposals & Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 2, Helsinki, 8 March 2017. More information
- FinCEAL+ Asia Seminar: Indonesia-Finland Research Seminar - Opportunities and Challenges in Research Collaboration, Helsinki, 4 April 2017. More information
- FinCEAL+ Africa Workshop: TEM-South Africa Cooperation Week Workshop, Hesinki, 25 October 2017
- FinCEAL+ Africa - BioFISA Joint Event on Nutrition and Health: Finnish-SADC Research and Innovation Cooperation in Health and Nutrition, 4 December 2017
- FinCEAL+ Africa Workshop: Doing Business in Finland - an African conversation, Helsinki 24 May 2018
- The 11th Annual SANORD 2018 Conference: Academic Citizenship: Recognition, Resilience or Resistance? Jyväskylä, 15-17 August 2018. More information
- FinCEAL+ Africa Workshop: From Academic Research and Ideas to Commercialization, Helsinki, 19 September 2018. More information
- FinCEAL+ Asia Seminar: ASEAN-Finland Research Seminar, Helsinki, 25 September 2018. More Information
- FinCEAL PLus Final Seminar: "Research and Innovation Cooperation with Africa, Asia and LAC regions - Future Prospects for Science and Policy" Helsinki, 11 October 2018. More information
In 2015-2016 we organized various events in Finland. These events served a variety of purposes: supporting partnership building, discussing the opportunities and challenges related to cooperation between universities, businesses and other stakeholders in joint projects, and discovering untapped opportunities for cooperation, and/or increasing the Finnish science community's knowledge about the opportunities in Horizon 2020. Thematic Asia Workshops were organized for networking, training and gathering researchers input into Asia policy processes, but also to discuss the opportunities and challenges related to cooperation between universities, businesses and other stakeholders in joint projects which all are fundamental in determining funding and research priorities within Asia.
- FinCEAL Plus Kick Off: Finland's International Research Cooperation, Making the Most of Horizon 2020, Helsinki, 15-16 April 2015. More Information here
- FinCEAL Plus Kick Off: Asia Networking session, Helsinki, 15 April 2015. More Information here
- EU-SPRI Helsinki 2015: Innovation policies for economic and social transitions: Developing strategies for knowledge, practices and institutions, Helsinki, 10 - 12 June 2015. More Information here
- 8th NOLAN Conference "Struggles over Resources in Latin America", Helsinki in June 11-13 2015. More Information here
- CLIC Innovation and FinCEAL Plus Seminar: Re-Energizing International Cooperation:Renewable Energy Research with Third Countries, Helsinki, 19 November 2015
More Information here
- UniPID Fall seminar 2015: Knowledge exchange for better policy and practice: A research – policy matchmaking event, Helsinki 10-11 December 2015. More Information here
- UniPID & FinCEAL Plus Seminar: Science, Technology and Innovation Crossroads - Global Lessons from Cooperation among Academia, Private and Third Sectors, Helsinki, 27-28 October 2016. More Information here
- FinCEAL Plus Asia - Focus Asia Workshop at the Crossroads seminar, Helsinki, 27 October 2016
More Information here
Please see the FinCEAL and FinCEAL Plus Impact Booklets for more information on our past events. Visit also our international events page to find out more about FinCEAL events outside of Finland.
Image Attribution: Bill McCurdy, Heikki Eriksson