Horizon 2020 Projects:
- LEAP4NSSA (Support to the implementation of the Long-term EU-AU Research and Innovation Partnership for Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture) November 2018 - October 2022
The project LEAP4FNSSA aims to establish a sustainable structure, or ‘Platform’, for the efficient and coherent implementation of the AU-EU Research and Innovation Partnership as described in the FNSSA Roadmap. Under the aegis of the HLPD and its Bureau, and by building upon related projects such as RINEA, CAAST-Net. UniPID is involved in the project.
- LEAP-Agri (A long term EU-Africa research and innovation partnership on food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture) December 2016 - November 2021
The objective of LEAP-AGRI is to fulfill the ambition of the Europe Africa dialogue in Science and Technology (the HLPD) to launch a joint flagship initiative on its chosen priority area: Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA). This partnership will increase investments in research and innovation through coordinated bi-regional (EU/Africa) mechanisms aimed at reducing fragmentation. UniPID is involved in the project.
PRE-LEAP-RE (PREparing for a Long-Term Joint EU-AU Research and Innovation Partnership on Renewable Energy) July 2018 - August 2019
The overall aim of the project is is to prepare a European Joint Programme (EJP), a foundation for future collaborative African Union-European Union activities in the field of renewable energy (RE). The project also forms the basis for long-term African-European collaboration in RE and will contribute to a better understanding of the AU-EU ecosystem. UniPID is involved in the project.
- RINEA (The Research and Innovation Network for Europe and Africa) aims to provide useful support to the High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation (HLPD-STI), established by Europe and Africa under the Joint Africa-Europe Strategy (JAES). RINEA actions offer support, disseminate information, coordinate, analyze and/or facilitate political and technical aspects of bi-regional cooperation through collaboration with relevant initiatives, organizations and actors in STI. UniPID is involved in the project.
- CAAST-Net Plus aims to encourage more and better bi-regional STI cooperation between Sub-Saharan African and Europe for enhanced outcomes around topics of mutual interest, and particularly in relation to the global societal challenges of food security,climate change,and health. UniPID is involved in the project.
- ERAfrica aims at promoting a unified European approach to collaborating with Africa in the field of science and technology research for innovation and sustainable development. The primary objective of ERAfrica is the creation of a "European Research Area Network” for the African continent. UniPID is involved in the project through the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy.
- The Mediterranean Innovation and Research Action, MIRA is an INCO-Net Coordination Action thst aims at developing a scientific and technological partnership between the European Union (EU) and the Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC), by the use of dialogue platforms, identifying topics of common scientific interest, promoting the creation of an Observatory of EU-MPC scientific cooperation, and promoting the development of the Euro-Mediterranean Innovation Space and other joint initiatives with a research component.
- INCONTACT – One World builds upon the experience acquired during the first phase of the INCONTACT project that developed a cooperation platform for the National Contact Points for International Cooperation (INCO NCPs). The objective of this second phase is to establish a strong network of INCO NCPs as focal information point for all activities under FP7 with regard to Third Country participation, and acting as a facilitator for stakeholders and International Cooperation Partner Countries’ (ICPC) participants
- CPN-Africa is a network of Regional and Local Contact Points (RCPs and LCPs) in Sub-Saharan Africa to attract young African scientists to participate in EU-funded poverty related disease research projects.
- Coordination action for reinforcing the health national contact points network, HEALTH-NCP-NET aims to reinforce the network of National Contact Points (NCPs) for the health related research areas and the theme Health under the FP7 by promoting transnational cooperation.
- Environment NCPs cooperating to improve their effectiveness, ENV-NCP-TOGETHER aims to reinforce the cooperation between the people and institutions appointed as National Contact Points (NCP) for the theme Environment in FP7.
- IST-Africa is focused on strengthening the research dimension of Information Society policy dialogues between the European Commission and African countries and key regional organisations; analysis of African Information and Communication Technology (ICT) research priorities; and raising wider awareness of African research capacity. IST-Africa aims to increase visibility of mutual RTD potential and to network relevant European and African stakeholders.
- EuroAfrica-ICT aims at encouraging African participation in EU-funded projects under Theme ICT, supporting the implementation of the "8th Africa-EU Strategic Partnership” and the JEG8 activities, and building a community and connecting researchers to strengthen EU-African ICT collaborative research.
Image attribution: UniPID, Pixabay.