Want to join our sweet team? Apply to become our Communications Coordinator by June 4, 2019.
The Finnish University Partnership for International Development (UniPID) is looking for a Communications Coordinator for the period 24.6.2019 (or according to the agreement) - 31.12.2020.
UniPID is a network of Finnish universities advancing global responsibility and strengthening the universities’ response to global challenges. UniPID supports the interdisciplinary education, research, and societal impact of member universities and provides strategic coordination to facilitate cooperation between Finnish universities in the field of international development. UniPID is coordinated by Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy at the University of Jyväskylä.
We are searching for a Communications Coordinator to support the development and implementation of our strategic internal and external communications, including coordinating activities related to our educational services. The Communications Coordinator will work with our dynamic, enthusiastic team dedicated to promoting global responsibility perspectives in Finnish higher education.
Specific tasks include:
- Development of UniPID’s external communications and coordinating their implementation;
- Producing effective, interesting, and innovative communications materials and content for UniPID’s website, social media, monthly newsletter, and other communication formats;
- Coordinating the UniPID Virtual Studies Programme, which includes liaising with the UniPID Board and Virtual Studies Lecturer in the development of the Programme’s offerings, administering the Programme and credit transfer, responding to student and teacher inquiries, and external communications about the Programme;
- Facilitating UniPID support services for Master’s students and Doctoral Candidates in Development Studies;
- Conducting other tasks as assigned by the UniPID coordinator.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Background in communications, development studies, or related field;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Understanding of communications tools and fluency in use and content production for social media;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Finnish and English.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and willingness to learn;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Interest in working in a multicultural, multilingual environment;
- University degree or equivalent.
Communications Coordinator’s job-specific salary component is based on the job demands level 7 (2256,36 €/month), according to the salary system concerning Job requirement table for other staff. In addition, a personal performance-based salary component amounting to 6-50 % of the job-specific salary component is also paid.
Trial period of six months is applied when filling the position.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter in Finnish and CV through the electronic recruitment system of the University of Jyväskylä at http://dlvr.it/R52WMg, or in Finnish at http://dlvr.it/R52WN8.
Closing date for applications is 4 June 2019.
Image: Hans Braxmeier/Pixabay