FinCEAL Plus Asia has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Call to support the participation of 1-3 senior level experts from Finnish universities, universities of applied sciences or research institutions interested in attending the Matchmaking Tour to China (Chengdu and Shenzhen) organized by ENRICH-European Network of Research and Innovation Centres and Hubs, China 11-15th November 2019. Application deadline has been extended to 16 October!
Who should attend:
Senior level experts from Finnish universities, universities of applied sciences or research institutions with interest in starting/deepening STI cooperation in the ICT and Smart City sector with China such as:
- Green buildings
- Green and renewable energy
- Water & waste management
- Smart mobility
- Clean fuel and low emission vehicles
- Autonomous driving
- Smart urban transportation
- Matchmaking with key Chinese tech-based companies and research institutes
- Visits to leading Chinese innovators and ENRICH in China Regional Hub
- Access for business and research opportunities in Chengdu and Shenzhen
- Free access EU-China Business & Technology Cooperation Fair in Chengdu
- Free access to China hi-Tech Fair in Shenzhen (one of the largest cooperation technological cooperation platforms)
- First-hand information on Chinese Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) landscape and innovative activities in China
- Contacts with high-level representatives from EU and Chinese government
- Connecting with ENRICH – European Network of Research and Innovation Centres and Hubs, China – to support your growth in China
Information on this Targeted Travel Grant Call
The call is directed to experts focusing on or interested in building further collaboration with partners in China. Please note that this call is only for senior level experts (with a strong academic background) of Finnish universities, universities of applied sciences and research institutes, and residing in Finland only, and only for this particular event. Interested researchers should send a description (max 2 pages) detailing their interest in the event and how it relates to their work and the theme of the tour, ICT and Smart Cities. A CV or link to your profile should also be included.
FinCEAL+ BRIDGES Asia will award 1-3 Grants. The maximum individual grants are between 1600€-1700€ depending on the destination and departure city in Finland. The Grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, registration fee and daily allowances. The extended deadline for sending the travel grant applications is by Wednesday 16th of October.
Please note:The deadline for the registration to the Matchmaking tour is 18th of October! All applications and related questions should be sent by email to Jarkko Mutanen, Jarkko. Mutanen[at]uef.fi