FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Asia has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Call to support the participation of researchers from Finnish higher education or research institutions interested in attending the Asia-Europe Sustainable Connectivity Scientific Conference (AESCON), organized in Singapore, on 26-28 February 2020. Apply by 3rd January 2020!
Information on the Asia-Europe Sustainable Connectivity Scientific Conference (AESCON)
AESCON (Asia-Europe Sustainable CONnectivity) is the first scientific conference on Asia-Europe sustainable connectivity, bringing together researchers and policy analysts working in the field of international connectivity, globalization and their impacts on sustainable development, with a particular focus on Asia-Europe connections. At a time of increasing connectivity, the conference aims to provide an academic forum to discuss global challenges on transport infrastructure, energy transition, climate change, digital economy, trade and investment flows, security, people mobility, cultural exchanges, among others.
The conference will be used as an open platform for debate on sustainable connectivity, to spur future research linked to policy needs and to build a network of Asia-Europe researchers working on sustainable connectivity. AESCON will be anchored by contributions from researchers on themes related to Asia-Europe sustainable connectivity and by keynote presentations. The conference will be steered by a scientific committee.
More information and registration on the Conference. Conference Registration deadline is 15th January 2020!
Information on the Travel Grants
This call is directed at researchers and experts who are in a contractual relationship with a Finnish higher education or research institutions and who:
- are actively working with partners from Asia
- have relevant knowledge and interest to Asia-Europe sustainable connectivity and research related to the topics of sustainable development goals
- be willing to share key messages with the wider Finnish scientific community via a blog post or other means.
Note that this call is for researchers residing in Finland only, and only for this particular event. Interested researchers should send a short description (no more than one page) detailing the following:
- Why you are interested in participating in the Asia-Europe Sustainable Connectivity Scientific Conference (AESCON)
- What kind of knowledge and/experience you have related to sustainable connectivity and research related to the topics of sustainable development goals?
- What kind of input would you like to provide in the discussions at the event?
- How would you share the information and key messages from the event with the Finnish scientific community?
A brief overview of relevant expertise, as well as a CV or link to online profile should also be included.
The maximum individual grant is 1700€. The grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, and daily allowances. Any costs exceeding the granted amount need to be covered by the home institution of the grantee. Deadline for applications is Friday 3rd January 2020. Decisions on the applications will be communicated during the following week.
Please send your application by email to Jarkko Mutanen: Jarkko.Mutanen[at]uef.fi
With subject heading “Travel Grant application to AESCON”.
Any questions regarding the event or the grants can be directed to the FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Asia Coordinator Jarkko Mutanen, Jarkko.Mutanen[at]uef.fi