Did you miss out on the opportunity to participate in the FinCEAL 2015 Infobank Competition? We have opened a new call - input your project between June 20th - September 30th, 2016 and get an opportunity to win a travel grant of 1500€. FinCEAL Plus is constantly promoting the Infobank both nationally and internationally to highlight Finnish expertise related to the target regions and to make it more accessible to Finnish authorities and international networks.
The FinCEAL Infobank is a multidisciplinary database on research
related to Africa, Asia Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) carried out by
the Finnish science community. The Infobank contains Finnish research
institutions’ international cooperation in a nutshell – it already has more than 180 registered projects on a wide range of topics!
Guidelines for the Infobank Competition
- Three registered projects (one from each region) will be awarded a Travel Grant of 1500€ through a random selection process
- The competition is open to projects registered between June 20th and 30th September, 2016.
- Both collaborative research projects and capacity building projects are eligible.
- Individual research projects (PhD dissertations) can also be registered in the Infobank, but they are not eligible for the competition
- The registered projects are approved by FinCEAL Plus prior to being published on the Infobank. Projects that do not meet the purpose and criteria of the Infobank will not be published and are not eligible for the competition.
Use of the grant
- The travel grant can be used either to support an existing project, or to support the development of a new project idea with African, Asian or LAC partners.
- The grant can be used to support the travel of any of the team or consortium members, either the Finnish or the third country partner.
The competition is open until September 30th, 2016. The winners of the travel grant will be informed in early October. Register your project now!
- Facilitates knowledge exchange, communication and cooperation opportunities between researchers focusing on Africa, Asia and the LAC region in Finland;
- Acts as a platform through which Finnish Ministries and Missions Abroad, as well as potential academic partners from the regions can seek Finnish expertise
- Enhances transparency and increases the visibility of research and capacity building projects of Finnish research institutions
- Acts as a contact point for information dissemination on funding opportunities, collaboration possibilities and relevant events
The Infobank is an activity of the FinCEAL Plus Project, which is an initiative of the Ministry of Education and Culture. The Infobank is maintained and registered at the UniPID (Finnish University Partnership for International Development website) www.unipid.fi/infobank