Did you miss out on the opportunity to participate in the FinCEAL 2015 Infobank Competition? We have opened a new call - input your project between June 20th - September 30th, 2016 and get an opportunity to win a travel grant of 1500€. FinCEAL Plus is constantly promoting the Infobank both nationally and internationally to highlight Finnish expertise related to the target regions and to make it more accessible to Finnish authorities and international networks.
The FinCEAL Infobank is a multidisciplinary database on researchrelated to Africa, Asia Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) carried out by
the Finnish science community. The Infobank contains Finnish research
institutions’ international cooperation in a nutshell – it already has more than 180 registered projects on a wide range of topics!
Guidelines for the Infobank Competition
- Three registered projects (onefrom each region) will be awarded a Travel Grant of 1500€ through a random selection process
- The competition is open toprojects registered between June 20thand 30th September, 2016.
- Both collaborative researchprojects and capacity building projects are eligible.
- Individual research projects(PhD dissertations) can also be registered in the Infobank, but they are not eligible for the competition
- The registered projects areapproved by FinCEAL Plus prior to being published on the Infobank. Projects that do not meet the purpose and criteria of the Infobank will not be published and are not eligible for the competition.
Use of the grant
- The travel grant can be usedeither to support an existing project, or to support the development of a new project idea with African, Asian or LAC partners.
- The grant can be used tosupport the travel of any of the team or consortium members, either the Finnish or the third country partner.
Thecompetition is open until September 30th, 2016. The winners of thetravel grant will be informed in early October. Register yourproject now!
- Facilitates knowledge exchange,communication and cooperation opportunities between researchers focusing on Africa, Asia and the LAC region in Finland;
- Acts as a platform throughwhich Finnish Ministries and Missions Abroad, as well as potential academic partners from the regions can seek Finnish expertise
- Enhances transparency andincreases the visibility of research and capacity building projects of Finnish research institutions
- Acts as a contact point forinformation dissemination on funding opportunities, collaboration possibilities and relevant events
TheInfobank is an activity of the FinCEAL Plus Project, which is an initiative ofthe Ministry of Education and Culture. The Infobank is maintained and registered at the UniPID (Finnish University Partnership for International Development website) www.unipid.fi/infobank