The aim of this page is to offer access to useful resources related to collaboration with the LAC region, both on the national (Finnish) and European level.
- Finnish Research, Higher Education and Innovation Cooperation with Latin America and the Caribbean: Roadblocks and Recommendations for Future Action (UniPID, 2018)
- FINLAND’S LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN ACTION PLAN (Ministry for Foreign Affairs, 2013)
The purpose of the Action Plan is to highlight the importance of Latin America and the Caribbean for Finland and to outline Finland’s objectives and actions in the region. The Action Plan was prepared at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in close cooperation with other ministries and Finnish interest groups involved in Latin American affairs. The Action Plan focuses on a pragmatic approach, and one of its aims is to achieve closer cooperation between Finnish actors in Latin America in a ‘Team Finland’ spirit.
- Koulutus-, tiede- ja kulttuuriyhteistyö Latinalaisessa Amerikassa ja Karibialla: tilannekatsaus ja ehdotus strategisiksi toimenpiteiksi (Opetus- ja kulttuuriministeriö, 2012)
- Finland and the Caribbean - Growing Closer (Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, 2012)
- Innovation and Regional Specialisation in Latin America - Identifying conceptual relations with the EU Smart Specialisation approach (Joint Research Centre, 2017)
The objective of a JRC Technical Report is to analyze how policy makers and other territorial actors in Latin America are adapting and implementing the smart specialisation concept, currently applied in the European Union.
- An exploration of the future Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) and European Union (EU) cooperation in science, technology and innovation (ALCUE Net, 2015)
A foresight exercise undertaken for the ALCUE Net Project.
- EU-CELAC ACTION PLAN (European Council, 2015)
This Action Plan includes a number of initiatives consistent with the priorities established at the VI EU-LAC Summit as encompassed in its Final Declaration as well as in new areas incorporated at the VII EU-LAC Summit / I EU-CELAC Summit held in Santiago de Chile on 26-27 January 2013 and the II EU-CELAC Summit held in Brussels on 10-11 June 2015.
- Higher education cooperation between the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean - Academic cooperation and mobility : bringing the two regions closer (EC, 2015)
This report provides an overview of key figures and impact of EU academic cooperation programmes implemented with Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) since 2007. The report analyses cooperation under the Programmes Erasmus Mundus, ALFA, Edulink and the Marie Curie Actions (2007-2013).Similar opportunities for mobility of students, staff and researchers, and for institutional cooperation between the two regions continue under the Erasmus+ programme and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (2014-2020). More information about how to apply to Erasmus+ is included in Annex 1.
- The European Union and Latin America and the Caribbean in the new economic and social context (UN, CEPAL 2015)
This document is a contribution by the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) to the Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) and the European Union (EU), (Brussels, 10-11 June 2015).
- Understanding EU and Brazilian Higher Education and Research: Policies, Frameworks and Structures (Alisios project, 2014)
The first short paper of the ALISIOS project is mainly a descriptive paper concerning the higher education and research landscapes of Europe and Brazil as well as the Strategic Partnership established between the two regions. It will focus on: strategic policy documents that currently define the overall higher education and research frameworks in the European Union and Brazil; regulatory and soft instruments for the implementation and the management of education and research programmes,especially the ones operated on an international level.
- Report on Ibero-American Cooperation Programs and Initiatives (Secretaría General Iberoamericana, 2014)
This document offers a brief overview of the progress achieved in the Ibero-American cooperation programs and initiatives organized in the three priority spaces for the Conference: knowledge, culture,and social cohesion and economy. The document contains a brief presentation of the general characteristics of this Cooperation model and a page for each Program and Initiative, detailing their goals, the participating countries and the main actions undertaken in recent years.
- Leadership (Latin America-Europe ICT Research & Innovation Partnership) project publications
- The issue of Gender in relations between the EU and LAC: State of the art and Opportunities for bi-regional cooperation (EU-LAC Foundation, 2015)
The purpose of this study is to analyse the state of the art on Gender in the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean from a bi-regional and action-oriented perspective. It focuses on the three thematic areas indicated in the EU-CELAC Santiago Action Plan under the chapter on Gender: political participation of women, elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls and economic empowerment of women and their participation in the world of work.