UniPID DocNet - The Finnish development research doctoral network
The goal of UniPID DocNet is to support the interdisciplinary training and networking of development research doctoral students based in Finnish universities. Complementary UniPID DocNet training aims particularly to strengthen those theoretic-methodological skills of students which are specific to development research and research on or related to developing countries.
By bringing together both doctoral candidates and their supervisors, UniPID DocNet aims to facilitate peer support and the establishment of relevant academic contacts. This enables the exchange of information and experiences, and possible extra supervision, which in turn enhances the quality of training and facilitates the creation of new partnerships.
UniPID DocNet Members
UniPID DocNet Members are doctoral students from the UniPID member universities who are working on their dissertation in development research, or related to global development, or the global south. The DocNet members' supervisors, as well as other interested supervisors are invited to join the UniPID DocNet.
UniPID DocNet Membership benefits include:
- Access to development research specific training to complement the training received at the home university
- Peer support and networking
- Receiving support for strengthening the knowledge and skills and guidance for the dissertation
- Increased contacts and networking with international academic visitors and experts
- Priority in the selection of the grantees for UniPID DocNet travel grants and possible other funding
- As a selected position, the doctoral students can refer to UniPID DocNet membership in any funding or other applications
Want to join the UniPID DocNet? Request membership by creating a profile or updating your profile at Infobank.
You can find the UniPID DocNet Members here (website is under construction).