UniPID DocNet Goals and objectives
UniPID DocNet Goals and Objectives
The goal of UniPID DocNet is to support the interdisciplinary training and networking of development research doctoral students based in Finnish universities. Complementary UniPID DocNet training aims particularly to strengthen those theoretic-methodological skills of students which are specific to development research and research on or related to developing countries.
By bringing together both doctoral candidates and their supervisors, UniPID DocNet aims to facilitate peer support and the establishment of relevant academic contacts. This enables the exchange of information and experiences, and possible extra supervision, which in turn enhances the quality of training and facilitates the creation of new partnerships.
The more specific objectives of UniPID DocNet are:
- to pool information about the already existing support for doctoral students;
- to offer doctoral students development specific training to complement the training received at their home universities;
- to support doctoral students’ knowledge and skills to publish in development research journals;
- to offer a forum to discuss and understand the challenges and benefits involved in interdisciplinarity;
- to facilitate doctoral students’ peer support and networking;
- to facilitate doctoral students’ contacts and networking with supervisors across the different UniPID member universities;
- to offer doctoral students extra guidance;
- to facilitate doctoral students’ contacts with international academic visitors and experts; and
- to facilitate supervisors’ networking and peer support.
For more information, contact UniPID coordinator Johanna Kivimäki.