Essentials in Development Studies MOOC
Welcome to register for the UniPID MOOC course "Essentials in Development Studies", an online course on the DigiCampus platform. It will be held in English and it will be worth of 5 ETCS. However, there will be a possibility to complete the course as worth of 3 ETCS.
The overall objective of the course is to provide students with fundamentals to the multidisciplinary discipline of development studies and motivate students to further their knowledge in the field.
During the course, the students will:
- Distinguish between development as a historical process of change and as an intentional intervention with defined outcomes.
- Be familiar with selected/major theories of development.
- Identify and analyse actors, institutions and policies of development.
- Be acquainted with current debates on development studies or development research.
- Reflect development from conventional, critical and alternative perspectives as well as from the point of view of inclusion and exclusion.
The course will be offered in Spring 2024, starting on 1 April. Students are expected to conclude the course by 31 May 2024, through independent work and self-paced studies.
Registration will open on 29 February 2024 and it will close on 31 March 2024. You can register by filling out this form.
You can contact Ana Tarazona (email@example.com) for further details.