FinCEAL Plus has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Call to support the participation of experts from Finnish universities or research institutions interested in attending the ALCUE NET Expert workshop on Sustainable Urbanization, Smart Cities and Nature-Based Solutions in Lisbon, Portugal on June 29-30.FinCEAL Plus has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Callto support the participation of experts from Finnish universities or research institutions interested in attending the ALCUE NET Expert workshop on Sustainable Urbanization, Smart Cities and Nature-Based Solutions in Lisbon, Portugal, on June 29-30, 2017.
Information on the Travel Grants
The call is directed to experts from Finnish universities or research institutions focusing on or interested in building collaboration specifically with the Latin America and Caribbean region. The workshop also provides networking opportunities with European experts. Please note that this call is for researchers residing in Finland only, and only for this particular event. Interested researchers should send a short description (no more than one page) detailing their interest in the event and how it relates to your work. A CV or link to your profile should also be included. The maximum individual grant is 900€-1000€ and can be used to cover travel, accommodation, and daily allowances. The exact amount depends on where the applicant resides in Finland. Deadline for applications is 12th June, but due to the short time frame, grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. Applications should be sent to Kajsa Ekroos, kajsa.ekroos[at]helsinki.fi
Information on the event
The sixth Senior Officials Meeting (SOM) on Science and Technology of the EU-CELAC Joint Initiative on Research and Innovation (JIRI) was held in Brussels on 14th of March 2017. It was a conclusion from the pillar of strengthened thematic cooperation that as follow-up to the conclusions reached at the last SOM, the Participants would agree to implement joint activities in the areas Sustainable urbanization by the means of potential Horizon 2020 large scale topics specifically devoted to international cooperation with the CELAC region. To foster this objective, the bi-regional S&T dialogue and the capacity building of CELAC countries on this field, a two day workshop will be held in Lisbon, on the 29th and the 30th of June of 2017. Proposed attendees: Research and Innovation Community on Sustainable Urbanization, NCPs, Funding Agencies, those involved in ALCUE NET and Sustainable Urbanization related fields in Latin America, Caribbean and European countries, officials from the European Commission. Please see the draft agenda here (pdf). More information on the ALCUE Net project.
- Bring together keyexperts from the communities of sustainable urbanization from both regions.
- Form NCPs on theseissues and bring knowledge on how to build an Research and Innovation Agenda for Urban Sustainability
- Identify theopportunities within Horizon2020 for CELAC countries in Urban Sustainability/ Smart cities / Nature Based Solutions related calls
- Learn from ongoinginitiatives and projects (JPI Urban Europe, Pilot Cases, etc.)
- To offer theopportunity to build quality partnerships with academics, researchers, industrial stakeholders, SMEs and government actors from Portugal.
- Broaden the outreach ofthis bi regional cooperation to others international actors and link it with
the international agenda.