The FinCEAL Infobank is a multidisciplinary database on research related to Africa, Asia Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) carried out by the Finnish science community. Register your research or capacity building project in the Infobank by August 28 2015, and win a Travel Grant of 1500€!FinCEAL Infobank is a multidisciplinary database on research related toAfrica, Asia Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) carried out by the Finnish science community. The Infobank contains Finnish research institutions’ international cooperation in a nutshell – it already has nearly 100 registered projects on a wide range of topics!
FinCEAL Plus is constantly promoting the Infobank both nationally and internationally to highlight Finnish expertise related to the target regions and to make it more accessible to Finnish authorities and international networks.
Guidelines for the Infobank Competition
- Fourregistered projects (two Asia-related, one LAC-related and one Africa-related) will be awarded a Travel Grant of 1500€ through a random selection process
- Thecompetition is open to projects registered between May 29 and August28, 2015. All Asia-related projects registered after January 1st will be taken into account.
- Bothcollaborative research projects and capacity building projects are
- Individualresearch projects (PhD dissertations) can also be registered in the Infobank, but they are not eligible for the competition
- Theregistered projects are approved by FinCEAL Plus prior to being published
on the Infobank. Projects that do not meet the purpose and criteria of the
Infobank will not be published and are not eligible for the competition.
Use of thegrant
- Thetravel grant can be used either to support an existing project, or to support the development of a new project idea with African, Asian or LAC partners.
- Thegrant can be used to support the travel of any of the team or consortium
members, either the Finnish or the third country partner.
- Facilitatesknowledge exchange, communication and cooperation opportunities between researchers focusing on Africa, Asia and the LAC region in Finland;
- Actsas a platform through which Finnish Ministries and Missions Abroad, as well as potential academic partners from the regions can seek Finnish expertise
- Enhancestransparency and increases the visibility of research and capacity building projects of Finnish research institutions
- Actsas a contact point for information dissemination on funding opportunities,
collaboration possibilities and relevant events