There is still time! The deadline has been extended to January 16th, 2014!
The call for papers is open for the Sustainable Futures In a Changing Climate Conference which is scheduled for June 11th-12th, 2014. The conference is being held in Wanha Satama, Helsinki, Finland.
FinCEAL is hosting a working group titled "North-South Research Collaborations – For Whom and For What?". You are welcome to participate. Submit your abstract!
Finland Futures Research Centre, University of Turku
The following key note speakers have confirmed their participation:
• Dr. R.K. Pachauri, Chairman of IPCC
• Prof. Ying Chen, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
• Prof. Joyeeta Gupta, Governance and Inclusive Development (GID), Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research, University of Amsterdam
• Dr. Louis Lebel, Unit for Social and Environmental Research, Chiang Mai University
• Prof. Sohail Inayatullah, Tamkang University & University of Sunshine Coast
• President Tarja Halonen, Co-Chair of the UN Secretary-General’s High-level Panel on Global Sustainability (to be confirmed)
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
Theoretical, methodological and empirical contributions are solicited in (but not limited to) the following topics:
• Sustainable low-carbon futures
• Goals and objectives for sustainable development
• Measuring sustainable development
• Beyond conventional growth paradigms: Neo-growth, green growth and de-growth
• Transformations, transitions & sustainability pathways
• Eco-innovations and clean tech
• Climate change adaptation
• Climate change mitigation
• Climate governance and changing north-south dynamics
• National and regional climate policies
• Alternative energy futures
• Futures studies methodologies
More information is available here.
Photo accreditation: http://www.messukeskus.com/Sites3/FutureInfinite/en/Pages/default.aspx