FinCEAL Workshop on Research Cooperation in Renewable Energy, Climate Change and Biodiversity and Tailored Training on Horizon 2020
Workshop: December 9th, 2013, 10.00 – 18.00Training: December 10th, 2013, 8.30 – 16.30
Helsinki Congress Paasitorni, Paasivuorenkatu 5 A, 00530 Helsinki
Workshop and training programme
Aims of the Workshop on Research Cooperation with Africa and the LAC region in Renewable Energy, Climate Change and Biodiversity
The FinCEAL workshop on Renewable Energy, Climate Change and Biodiversity is part of a series of thematic workshops that aim to support the Finnish research community working with Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). The purpose of this workshop is to:
· Network and enhance interdisciplinary cooperation among the members of the Finnish research community working with the two regions
· Share information on current bi-regional activities in STI, such as research and networking opportunities with the two regions as well as the EU, on the issues of renewable energies, climate change and biodiversity
· Map out the interests of Finnish researchers in relation to the bi-regional research policy dialogues, as well as identifying key areas in which FinCEAL can further support research cooperation within the thematic areas
The workshop is especially targeted to:
· Researchers working within the thematic areas of the workshop, and with experience and/or interest in Africa and LAC. Researchers from Social Sciences and Humanities with interest in the themes are especially encouraged to participate.
· Researchers working with policy related issues on the themes or Science, Technology and Innovation especially in the context of bi-regional cooperation
· Private sector providing solutions for climate change, renewable energy and biodiversity with interested in Africa and LAC, as well as networking with the Finnish research community for potential partnerships and information exchange.
Workshop report detailing best practices for research cooperation, potential partner countries and institutions in the regions, Finnish input for bi-regional research policy dialogues and action steps for FinCEAL activities for 2014.
Aims of the Tailored Training on Horizon 2020
The launch of Horizon 2020 brings with it new research cooperation opportunities for Finnish researchers with European, African and LAC partners. FinCEAL offers a 1-day tailored training session focusing on:
· Identifying key funding opportunities within Horizon 2020 that support cooperation with Africa and LAC specifically within the FinCEAL themes: Climate Change, Renewable Energy, Bioeconomy, Biodiversity, Food Security, Information Society/ICT, Health
· The do’s and don’ts in proposal submission
· How to find partners for Horizon 2020
The training is especially targeted to:
· Researchers from Finnish Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, research institutions and private sector who have clear interest and intention to submit proposals to Horizon 2020 with African or LAC partners
· Horizon 2020 contact points in Universities of Applied Sciences and Universities
· SME representatives with an intent of collaborating/participating in a Horizon 2020 Call with African or LAC partners
So as to offer an effective training, the number of participants is limited. Preference is given to those who will participate as either Principle Investigators in the research project or are actively involved in the application writing process.
Download the workshop and training programme!
Please register for the workshop and/or training by Monday 2nd December at:
For inquiries or more information please contact FinCEAL Project Coordinators Eva Kagiri (Africa) firstname.lastname@example.org or Kajsa Ekroos (LAC) email@example.com.