UniPID’s principle stakeholders are researchers, students, and other staff in the member universities. In addition, UniPID has established a network of national and international stakeholders, including cooperation partners, and the relevant decision makers in development policy, as well as research and higher education policy and funding.
UniPID has an intermediary role between the member universities and the other stakeholders. For instance, UniPID delivers and promotes member universities’ study contents and teaching to the students, serves as a platform for international stakeholders to look for Finnish partners, and disseminates the knowledge and views of the research community to the decision makers.
UniPID's main national partners
- Ministry of Education and Culture (MINEDU), Finland
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA), Finland
- Ministry of Employment and Economy (MEE), Finland
- Finnish Society for Development Research (FSDR)
- Finnish Development NGOs - Fingo
UniPID's international key partners
- Southern African-Nordic Center (SANORD)
- European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI)
- Nordic Africa Institute (NAI)
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO)
Photo credit: Maximiliano Piu, 2018,, on Unsplash.