FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Call to support the participation of researchers from Finnish higher education or research institutions interested in attending the European Research and Innovation Days 2019, organized in Brussels, Belgium, on 24-26 September. Apply by 17th June!
Information on the European Research and Innovation Days 2019
European Research and Innovation Days are an annual policy event that will bring together world leaders from industry, finance, academia and business to debate and shape the future research and innovation landscape. Speakers will include ministers, commissioners, members of European Parliament, researchers, as well as surprise guests each day.
Engaging stakeholders to co-create and build the strategic priorities for the first 4 years of Horizon Europe, Horizon Europe will be at the heart of the 2019 European Research and Innovation Days. Horizon Europe, beginning in 2021, is the successor to the current research and innovation framework programme, Horizon 2020. Horizon Europe will incorporate policy missions to ensure the effectiveness of research and innovation funding by pursuing clearly defined targets.
Mobilising and engaging different stakeholders will result in work programmes for Horizon Europe that will better reflect the views and needs of citizens. These are then more likely to yield results in line with their values and expectations. The 2019 European Research and innovation Days will provide opportunities for stakeholders to come together, deepen the dialogue and work across sectors and disciplines to help plan Horizon Europe.
The programme for Research and Innovation Days 2019 aligns with Horizon 2020’s thematic sections: societal changes, science and society, and industry. Specific session themes include: vital areas of science, engineering, medicine, and wider social and environmental concerns. Please follow the event website for updates! Registration for the event is open
NOTE! The event will include interesting parallel sessions and events such as the EU-LAC Innovation Cooperation Conference (25-26th September), all of which are not yet published on the website.
Information on the Travel Grants
This call is directed at researchers and experts who are in a contractual relationship with a Finnish higher education or research institutions and who:
- are actively working with partners from Africa, Asia or Latin America and the Caribbean;
- have relevant knowledge and interest to influence EU research and innovation policies, especially those related to international cooperation with 3rd countries;
- have an understanding of the mission-oriented policy approach; and
- be willing to share key messages with the wider Finnish scientific community via a blog post or other means.
Note that this call is for researchers residing in Finland only, and only for this particular event. Interested researchers should send a short description (no more than one page) detailing the following:
- Why you are interested in participating in the European Research and Innovation Days?
- What kind of knowledge and/experience you have of EU research and innovation policy dialogues?
- How do the European Research and Innovation Days relate to your professional expertise, and what kind of input would you like to provide in the discussion at the event?
- How would you share the information and key messages from the event with the Finnish scientific community?
A brief overview of relevant expertise, as well as a CV or link to online profile should also be included.
The maximum individual grant is 850€. The grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, and daily allowances. Any costs exceeding the granted amount need to be covered by the home institution of the grantee. FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES will award 3-4 grants. Deadline for applications is Monday 17th June 2019. Decisions on the applications will be communicated during the following week.
Please send your application by email to Quivine Ndomo: quivine.a.ndomo[at]jyu.fi
With subject heading “Travel Grant application to European Research and Innovation Days”.
Any questions regarding the event or the grants can be directed to the FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Coordinators: