FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES has opened a Targeted Travel Grant Call to support the participation of researchers from Finnish higher education or research institutions interested in attending the EU Development Days 2019, Europe’s leading forum on development, organized in Brussels, Belgium, on 18-19 June. Apply by 26th April!
Information on the EU Development Days
Organized yearly by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) bring the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. The EDD is a participatory programme, and includes various types of sessions: high level debates and panels, brainstorming sessions and project labs. The event also features a Global Village with stands showcasing successful projects and reports from around the world.
EDD 2019's overarching title is "Addressing inequalities: building a world which leaves no one behind". Under the main title, the agenda will be framed around three major themes:
- Why inequalities matter for sustainable development
- Understanding the structural causes of inequalities
- Working better together through more effective policies to address inequalities.
For more information, please visit the EDD website.
Information on the Travel Grants
This call is directed to researchers and experts (including PhD students) that are in a contractual relationship with a Finnish higher education or research institutions who:
- are actively working with partners from Africa, Asia or Latin America and the Caribbean.
- have relevant expertise in the thematic focus of EDD 2019 (inequality and sustainable development).
Note that this call is for researchers residing in Finland only, and only for this particular event. Interested researchers should send a short description (no more than one page) detailing the following:
- Why you are interested participating in the EDD?
- How does the EDD and this year’s theme relate to your professional expertise?
- What are your concrete aims for attending the EDD? How do you think the event could benefit your research or research cooperation with African/Asian/LAC partners?
A brief overview of relevant expertise, as well as a CV or link to online profile should also be included.
The maximum individual grant is 850€. The grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, and daily allowances. Any costs exceeding the granted amount need to be covered by the home institution of the grantee. FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES will award max. 3 grants. Deadline for applications is Friday 26th Aril, 2019. Decisions on the applications will be communicated during the following week. Please send your application by email to Quivine Ndomo: quivine.a.ndomo[at]jyu.fi with subject heading “Travel Grant application to EU Development Days”.
Any questions regarding the event or the grants can be directed to the FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Coordinators:
- Kajsa Ekroos (BRIDGES LAC), kajsa.ekroos[at]helsinki.fi
- Melissa Plath (BRIDGES Africa), melissa.plath[at]jyu.fi
Please note that BRIDGES Asia coordinator Jarkko Mutanen is out of office until May.
Picture credit: EU Development Days