HEI Funding Instruments
-for developing countries and Finland/ EU
- ALFA programme finances development projects between HEI EU and Latin America. The projects focus on socioeconomic development and the capacity building of individuals and institutions.
- EDULINK programme fosters HEI capacity building and knowledge transfer between African, Caribbean and Pacific group of states, in the area of research and technology.
- ERASMUS MUNDUS promotes HEI capacity building and cooperation by offering funding to individuals and to projects. Funding is available for masters and doctorates, mobility partnerships and projects promoting higher education.
- HEI-ICI (Higher Education Institutions Institutional Cooperation Instrument) promotes institutional reform and capacity development in developing countries. The programme is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
- INTRA-ACP programme promote mobility in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific regions and includes funding for individual students, researchers and university staff mobility. The programme is funded through the European Development Fund.
- North-South-South Higher Education Institution Network programme promotes long-term cooperation between Finnish and developing country HEIs. The programme supports networking activities and student, researcher and university staff mobility. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
- TEMPUS IV programme promotes joint partnerships and higher education reform development in the countries surrounding the EU.