is an Erasmus Mundus-funded project to increase understanding and establish better links between African and European Doctoral Education Candidates and early career researchers. The DocLinks project, fully titled Increasing Understanding and Establishing Better Links between African and European Doctoral Educational Candidates, will enhance mutual understanding through the creation of a network and website aimed to bring together African and European research students.
The project aims to:
- Raise awareness on doctoral education in Europe and Africa and address the needs of PhDs and early career researchers
- Create a first ever single publicity channel for PhD study, Post-Doctoral Fellowships and research opportunities offered by European higher education and science to an audience of African PhDs
- Establish contact and exchange between the groups of doctoral candidates and early career researchers in Europe and Africa through the development of virtual platform for communication.
UniPID's roles in the project:
- to organize and host the second Doctoral Summer School in Helsinki during July 2-5th, 2013.
- to review existing literature and initiatives that support especially African PhD students and researchers
- to conduct initial surveys of key student groups to analyze their perceptions, perceived needs and the barriers faced in their PhD careers
- to refine specific services and resources to support the communication between African and European PhD students and researchers
- to produce content for the DocLinks Website
- to distribute the electronic survey through its network
- to analyze the existing resources available to African doctorates in Finland and other Nordic countries
- to perform an initial review of the different online resources available to support research training
Doclinks discussion group for PhD candidates and early career researchers has been launched!
Doclinks has launched a discussion group for PhD candidates and early career researchers to share experiences and initiate discussions on topics of interest. The group is created to provide a platform for mutual support and information exchange related to PhD research. Join the discussion group PhD candidates and early career researchers EU-Africa network